ShoreTel phones allow you to adjust the audio as needed. There are multiple audio settings to help you. Volume button controls handset, headset, speaker, and ring volume.
Too LOUD...too quiet! Just make the audio adjustment by rocking the volume buttons.
You can silence your ringer by turning the Phone Ringer Off.
1. Press the Options soft key
2. Press the navigation key to scroll to the Audible ringer option.
3. To turn off the ringer, use one of the following methods:
- Press the Toggle soft key to change the ringer value from On to Off.
- Press the selector button on the navigation key pad to toggle between On and Off.
- Use the key on the navigation key pad to change the value from On to Off.
4. Press the Exit soft key
Note: CAUTION: if the ringer volume is off, the phone will be silenced. The only indication of an incoming call will be the flashing Call Appearance Buttons.
Can’t hear a caller, increase the volume. Sounds like the caller is YELLING, decrease the volume. Use the Volume keys to adjust. While on the call or the handset is off hook, adjust the volume as necessary.
Note: When using a wireless headset and experiencing audio problems, ensure the wireless headset is configured according to manufacturer’s instructions.
You can mute the caller so that you can sneeze, cough or even have a conversation so the caller doesn’t hear you.
Tired of holding the handset or don’t have a headset. Make sure you are in a quiet place. Activate the Speaker button and the caller is instantly heard by all. Make sure the volume is at a level that your neighbor doesn’t complain.
Headset, Mute, and Speaker buttons illuminate when the function is active.