When troubleshooting complex issues, it is sometimes necessary for our customer service team to obtain additional information about the network requests that are generated in your browser while an issue occurs. A customer service team member may request that you record a HAR file, or a log of network requests, while that issue is occurring and then provide that to them for further analysis.
Below are some instructions about how you can easily generate a HAR file using different browsers.
To generate the HAR file for Chrome
- Open Google Chrome and go to the page where the issue is occurring.
- From the Chrome menu bar () select More Tools > Developer Tools.
- From the panel opened, select the Network tab.
- Look for a round Record button ( ) in the upper left corner of the tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box Preserve log.
- Click the Clear button ( ) to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
- Reproduce the issue that you were experiencing before, while the network requests are being recorded.
- Once you have reproduced the issue, right-click anywhere on the grid of network requests, select Save as HAR with Content, and save the file to your computer.
- Upload your HAR file to your ticket or attach it to your email so that our Support team can analyze it.
Here is a brief animation showing this process: